Susan Chambers This house was built around 1800 and was being used as a public house called the Nag’s Head by 1808 when the licensee was Mary Quay – there was a cow-house and a yard at the back. The pub was a feature of Neston life for nearly a century, but by 1905 the […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud nestonpastinfo contributed a whooping 7 entries.
Entries by nestonpastinfo
Susan Chambers. The year 1901 was a bad one for Neston regarding fires – in February Little Neston’s Royal Oak was destroyed, and a month later Stringers’ shop in the town centre met the same fate. Stringers was the left one of the two similar High Street houses, Neston House and Church House currently both […]
Susan Chambers Another look at the Old Quay House as a few people asked about it after a recent post. You’ll find the remains by going to the end of Old Quay Lane and following the foot-path across the field, over the stream right down to the marsh. Just a few bricks on an overgrown […]
The home of actor Samuel Ryley (c1756 – 1837)
Built in 1841 as a school, the building was converted to use as a church in 1843 when it was opened for worship on the feast of St Winefride.